Tuesday, May 23, 2006

my carnal view...

Writer's block not writer's nook.Somehow I cannot really write whatever that means. Is it fair Lord for life to keep going on when my hope of having finally nailed 'Isaac' has come to a standstill_no actually taken a detour.The world should have come to a halt.At least for a second. Am becky...hello?!*?
I thought this was going to be love. Fine I had not been swept off my feet but I had resigned myself to believing it would grow, bloom like the flowers in the field in due season.
So this guy is not 'Isaac'. I was so very ready to walk into his world and have us share our emotional space on earth,our physical space on a forever kind of basis.Share our all things as far as the world would let us, would allow us to. And yesterday I was expecting him to knock at my door anytime. Now in a space of only 48 hours and my mind is on the other side of the sea. For a reason as uncomplicated as words themselves am so totally convinced it could never be, could never have been. What a horrible mistake for me to have thought, for me to have dreamed, to have wished and imagined what would have been. And still the world turns on its course.Am supposed to be shattered , aren't I? Heartbroken atleast, sullen and here I am moving on with such grace as the globe does its thing around the orbit without even much of a glance my heart's way...
How much longer will I wait for love. It's like being hungry and watching for your food to come to a boil. It never cooks.
In what hour, what moment does your heart fall for one of our other counterparts with whom we share this earth, this world. When will that ordinary prince steal my heart.
Am taking my glance, my eyes off you love...because when I look at you, you elude me. You play games with my sight and confuse me. Am taking my eyes off you so you can find me. This time mathematics says you will look for me. This equation had better add up or biochemistry will prove to be much simpler than 1 + 1.

Songs of Solomon 2:7...I charge you daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or by the does of the field. Do not awaken love until it so desires...

Chris Rice wonders when it all happened,I wonder when it will happen? i love his lyrics.
When Did You Fall


When Did You Fall
Chris Rice

You're all smiles and silly conversation
As if this sunny day came just for you
You twist your hair, you smile, and you turn your eyes away
C’mon, tell me what’s right with you
Now it dawns on me probably everybody’s talkin’
And there’s something here I’m supposed to realize
‘Cause your secret’s out, and the universe laughs at its joke on me
I just caught it in your eyes, it’s a beautiful surprise

When did you fall in love with me?
Was it out of the blue
‘Cause I swear I never knew it
When did you let your heart run free?
Have you been waiting long?
When did you fall in love with me?
When did you fall in love?

Make your way over here, sit down by this fool, and let’s rewind
C’mon, let’s go back and replay all our scenes
You can point out the hints, the clues, the twists and the smiles this time
All the ones that slipped by me
I bet my face is red, and you can hear my heart poundin’
Well I guess it don’t matter now that I realize
‘Cause baby I missed it then, but I can surely see you now
Right here before my eyes

3 Comments:

At 27/5/06 12:42 AM, Blogger Rhino said...

You know what, you like using the "could never be, never have been" phrase. You used it on me, remember! But do not despair, have a little bit of faith. I'm sure that you'll find that one who loves the pilgrim soul in you.

 
At 27/5/06 3:41 AM, Blogger rebekah said...

So be it cupcake, so be it...

 
At 1/6/06 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my becks my becks ...this thing called love is very interesting...strongest force in the universe! but whn something is strong, if not carefull, could kill ya...u know. Also good things usually have counterfeits! So we've just got to go to the author of this thing love, so He teaches us how to be real/authentic... for He is love!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home