Saturday, May 27, 2006

cones on my feet...

I used to have beautiful feet_i still have hope of having beautiful feet.Anybody know a doctor cones? No, seriously my feet are lovely,thanks be to God but time in shoes i'd rather not be wearing has had a field day on my feminine toes. I have a pink pair of those ballet like shoes in vogue and a pair of brown boots that were not taught how to treat a woman well. I love these shoes.They know how to compliment my style with such ease.They make my clothes feel right but does anyone know what I have to give up to look good.My feet are fading away. Aren't they supposed to be blooming from strength to strength. I mean all things about me are supposed to get better, grow from glory to glory but my feet are slowly dying and poor me has a problem letting go of my deadly shoes.
The truth is that when I try to hold on to my dear life, trying to control and save for myself whatever I think I love, I lose it.When I give it to His care, I gain it.I have tried to hold onto a relationship gone wrong before, tried to make money without the kingdom principle_ seek ye first..._tried in my own strength and wisdom to straighten some crooked things in my family( by the way, I have the most beautiful family on planet earth)and before long I realised life was having its joke on me.It's frustrating. A chasing of the wind.I was busy trying to master it yet life had been around long enough to turn tables on me and master me instead.Now I cannot help me, got to let go and let God.Abandoning myself to trusting Him, casting aside the cares of this life and simply trusting_
I love experience.Anything to be there, be involved.It maybe a rainy day and I have to walk through the muddy roads of Bwaise to my humble abode, i will take in every moment for the awesome sake of experience.I have discovered that the exposure is good for the growth of one's mind.I tried to play games with the world, tried to align my ways to its values but in so doing I was losing myself.So now I limit my experience to gaining in faith so I can live.It is written that a spirit without self control is like a city without walls so in learning discipline am weighing daily life's proposals to my soul, its offers and presentations to the eyes of my heart,the things my soul thinks she loves that are slowly fading my feet away, killing their God given beauty with cones, making them ugly with those do-not-wear-open-shoes, sandles-off-the-list type of cones, so void of both color and sensitivity.Cones!I need to let go of those two pairs of shoes. It's not as if I cannot find me a stylish fit that would say yes to my style, say yes to my clothes.
Cones on my feet. Could be worse...say for instance cones on my heart, my life , my spirit, my soul_
Get rid of 'em ill fitting shoes...

Luke 9:24 and 25, 'For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself lost?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home